Calories in Chips
Why Count Calories?
Starbucks Coffee Calories
Choose Popcorn Wisely
Lose Weight Without Dieting
Healthy Tips for Salads
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Quick Diet Potato Soup
The Fruit Group
The Best Diet
What is a Fad Diet?
Free Diet Menu - It'sa Great Italian Diet Menu!
Written by Thin Thin
One of the cruelest things in the Diet World is seeing an Italian food lover on a carb-restricted diet. So if you are counting carbs, this little diet menu may produce the need for a box of tissues and duct tape - because it's so tasty, so lush that it's irresistibly good! The good news is that it's low in fat and low in calories.
Breakfast Menu: (About 350 Calories)
- Fill a champagne or wine glass with fresh strawberries. Dust with Splenda and add a dollop of light whipped topping.
- Enjoy with 1 small breakfast sausage link (no more than 100 calories) tucked inside a 1 egg + 1 egg white " flattened" (allow omelet to form a pancake shape as cooking so it can be rolled around the little breakfast sausage) omelet seasoned with salt and pepper. Add a dash of Italian seasoning to omelet mixture before cooking if desired. Wrap omelet around sausage and top with finely chopped parsley and diced black olives.
- 1 cup of skim milk.
- coffee/tea if desired prepared with low fat creamer and no calorie sugar
Mid Morning Snack: (About 27-57 Calories, depending upon variety of grape)
- 1/2 cup of red, black, white or purple grapes - freeze grapes in a single layer in freezer for a cool diet treat. Mix and match grapes for fun!
Lunch Menu: (About 450 Calories)
Traditional Spaghetti & Meatballs - Prepare your favorite pasta. It doesn't have to be standard spaghetti because the meatball sauce works well on any pasta. We chose whole wheat pasta for this rendition. Pasta should be hot and drained before meatballs and sauce are added.
Saute diced onion and bell pepper in a pan sprayed with butter flavored, non stick cooking spray OR use a bit of olive oil. Next, add the mixture to a bowl containing one pound of extra lean hamburger meat. For a different defining taste, you may use part hamburger and part ground sausage - but take note that sausage will up the calorie and fat content significantly.
Add 1/2 cup of fine bread crumbs (plain or Italian). Dust with salt and pepper to suit personal preference. Mold into small meatballs, wetting hands with cool water every now and then which will assist with the process. Cook using any of the following methods: steam, stove-top using minimal olive oil, stove-top using about 1/4 cup of water, stove-top using non stick cooking spray.
When the meatballs are thoroughly cooked, drain, then add 1 jar or can of your favorite spaghetti sauce. We have estimated 225 calories per cup for a serving of Traditional Spaghetti & Meatballs. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Keep in mind that the more calories your sauce contains, the more it will effect the calorie content of the dish. Enjoy with 1 small breadstick.
Enjoy a side-salad of the lettuce and tomato, served with 2 Tablespoons of light Italian salad dressing.
Enjoy 1 kiwi sliced and dipped in Splenda if desired. Also enjoy two Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses - they should be dark chocolate.
coffee/tea if desired prepared with low fat creamer and no calorie sugar.
Mid Afternoon Snack: (About 35 Calories)
- 1 black or red plum
Dinner Menu: (About 450 Calories)
- Enjoy 1 plate of assorted cheeses, fruits and meats. Use no more than 2 cups of fresh fruit, 1 ounce of cheese and 3 ounces of lean meat - such as ultra lean sliced ham which can be rolled to lend an appealing 'come and get me look' to the plate. Use mozzarella cheese if possible which contains about 75 calories per ounce.
- Recommended fruits: sliced strawberries, kiwi, peaches, plums, melons. Go very light on the following if you decide to use as they contain more calories: bananas, apples, pineapples, cherries, pears.
- Add 1 low calorie, low fat single-serving size container of lemon cream yogurt to the tray for dipping purposes OR to enjoy as a tasty dessert to which can be added 2 Tablespoons of light whipped topping.
- Enjoy 1 plate of assorted raw vegetables such as sliced zucchini, cherry tomatoes and lettuce hearts served with 2 Tablespoons of light Italian salad dressing OR your favorite light dressing.
- coffee/tea if desired prepared with low fat creamer and no calorie sugar OR our Cappuccino Recipe:
- Recipe for Italian Cat House Cappuccino
- 1/2 cup of Splenda
- 1/2 cup of chocolate milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups of instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup of powdered creamer - such as Borden's Cremora (we recommend the new 'Creaminess of Real Cream' container which is simply delicious and contains a scant 10 calories per tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (add more or less to suit taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Store this mixture in an airtight container until ready to use. To prepare Italian Cat House Cappuccino, add 2 Tablespoons to every six ounces of skim milk. Water or freshly brewed coffee may also be used.
Bedtime Snack: (About 125 Calories)
- 1 cup of skim milk blended with 1/2 cup frozen fruit plus Splenda to taste (our favorite is strawberries)
Remember to get your doctor's approval before trying out any diet plan!
Return to Homepage | Site Map | Site Disclaimer