Choose Popcorn Wisely
Lose Weight Without Dieting
Healthy Tips for Salads
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Quick Diet Potato Soup
The Fruit Group
The Best Diet
What is a Fad Diet?
Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
The Caveman Diet Plan
The 3 Day Diet
Written by Thin Thin
Weight Loss: How to Safely Lose 25 - 75 Pounds Permanently
To lose 25 to 75 pounds, plan to commit to these items:
- a three to ten month commitment (2 pounds of weight loss per week is excellent)
- be willing to learn about the foods you need to eat, including learning how to read nutrition labels and identifying 'smart' foods
- implement healthy recipes into your diet & reinvent personal recipe favorites
- become involved in something that you like to do - relaxation balances diet & stress
- learn mind-game exercises to help you achieve your weight loss and weight maintenance goals
- implement exercise into your daily routine, starting out slowly and building
Commitment to Your Diet Plan
Odds are, you're probably thinking, " Three months!" OR " Ten months!" It probably seems like a really long stretch, and at this point you may be wanting to backtrack and forget all about the miserable dieting phase you had planned to enter.
But wait! Let's take a moment to pause and think this through. Please consider the following:
- If you put off dieting, you're just losing valuable time. Why not bite the bullet and get the weight off once and for all?
- Three months, and even ten months really isn't that long. Think of it like this... If you are reading this article and it is February, then about three months have passed since Thanksgiving. And if you need the ten month-deal, then by the time that Thanksgiving rolls around, you'll be thin!
Learning about the foods you eat:
- Visit your local library, or purchase an inexpensive calorie book. Stick to a calorie-restricted daily diet (typically 1,250+ calories per day depending upon personal body composition - and be sure and check with your doctor for your daily calorie recommendations).
- It may take you a while to get used to the correct serving sizes, so please measure until you feel comfortable with the amount of food you are putting on your plate. Many dieters make the mistake of consuming too little food when they begin dieting. So measure to ensure that you get all of your calories for the day.
- Do NOT go below 1,250 calories per day unless you are under a doctor's supervision.
Implementing Healthy Recipes Into Your Daily Diet: Begin experimenting with healthier ingredients when cooking. Hide your iron skillet until you reach your desired weight. Frying is a no-no until then, unless you use non-stick, no calorie cooking spray.
Become Involved in Something That You Like to do:
Take up a favorite interest or hobby to keep your mind occupied while you are working to drop weight. Otherwise, you may continuously think about food, or about losing weight.
Mind Games can be extremely helpful during dieting. An excellent mind game is to think of your weight loss as tiered. Rather than concentrating on your 'final' goal, set 10 pound increments as weight loss goals.
For example, if you weigh 250 pounds, then set your first tier at 240 pounds, then 230 pounds, then 220 pounds, etc.
Exercise: Plan to walk a minimum of one mile at least 4 times per week. Slowly build up to that amount over a two-week period. And of course, always get your doctor's recommendation as to your personal activity level.
You may also wish to purchase some 3-5 pound weights and work out the upper arms and upper thigh areas. As you lose weight, this will help these areas to tighten without unsightly 'skin sag'.
Keep in mind that the less weight you have to lose, the slower it will come off. If you are a woman, the excess weight will come off slower than a man's excess weight. However, with commitment to your diet plan, the weight will come off! That is the great news.
Return to Homepage | Site Map | Site Disclaimer