Dieting? Eat, Drink & Be Merry
Written by Thin Thin
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we shall die.
EAT a healthy diet, DRINK healthy hydrating beverages, so that tomorrow that Diet may go on to live another day.
Some savvy weight loss tips to help get you through the day:
- Although it is easy to eat like there is no tomorrow, for most people, tomorrow really does come.
- Rather than eating like there is no tomorrow, perhaps it is wisest when it comes to health matters to plan what we are going to eat, drink and be merry about tomorrow.
- 'Long life, healthy life to you, my friend!' This quote evokes thoughts of happy holidays and special occasions. Eating, drinking and making merriment are generally considered taboo to the diet process - overindulgence in particular, but on the other hand, what fun is life when you can't even cut loose now and then?
- Yes, many of us cut loose more frequently than others do, but when our cutting loose is occasional, it can be a very healthy thing.
- Many times, food is associated with happiness because it is generally the centerpiece at the events we so-love in life.
- In the real world, we may try to capture this happy feeling through food, but it's important to our overall health to not become trapped inside of the Fiesta Burrito, and to recognize that we can still be extremely happy without stuffing ourselves to the Eyeball Explosion stage.
As in all things that are weight related, the difference between success and failure is exercising our good sense. While we can't enjoy a box of donuts one day and an entire chocolate cake the next, we can enjoy an occasional donut and an occasional piece of cake. Chocolate even.
It's important to keep in mind that weight loss takes time and it takes patience. So many times the dieter drops all the unwanted weight then goes wild with their newfound slimmer shape, piling in the goodies like there is no tomorrow. Slowly, they get lax and if they don't control their appetite they can regain all the lost weight and then some.
Other times dieters will lose close to their goal weight and quit their diet as boredom settles in - or they discard their diet when they decide they can live with a size that's slightly more than what they'd aimed for. But no matter how the diet ends - whether the dieter falls off the Diet Wagon, whether the diet is successful or whether the dieter stops short of their goals it's important not to pile more weight onto current weight.
This doesn't mean that the individual has to starve - or that they can't enjoy treats and favorite foods. It does mean that they can't eat, drink and be merry to the max - that they must eat, drink and be merry wisely. Rather than going overboard with fried chicken, potato salad and banana pudding, opting for grilled or roasted chicken, a small baked potato and a fresh banana makes for healthier choices and a leaner body.